Course Closed. Reopening on Wednesday December 2nd. We will be members only until Monday 14th December. Visitors MUST read the guidelines, found under the COVID-19 tab on our website, before booking.

(updated 24 November at 07:28)

Hardy A v Bridport

The Hardy A team played their penultimate game of the season against Bridport at home. An added incentive was that if victory was secured then promotion to Division 2 would be secured.

Gareth “Muscles” Hughes, back in the team after a few weeks away, led the team off and played a great match. Unfortunately the Bridport number one player birdied three of the last four holes to secure a 2&1 win and the opening point to Bridport.

Captain Ford, in his customary second off position flew out of the gates winning the first and halving the second with pars. Then he put together 5 birdies in a row between the 3rd-7th to go 6up after 7 holes. Ryan then played some containing match play to secure a 7&6 victory.

Mike “The Scientist” Spearing continued his rich vein of form. He played their undefeated captain and gave him a golfing master class by winning 3&2.

Alan “The Bookie” Harris was quietly confident before his match and with good reason. He played some very solid par golf and with a few errors from his opponent, they shook hands on the 12th, matching his Captain’s result of 7&6.

Stuart “Club Champ” Chainey continued his summer of fun with an excellent display of long, straight driving and clutch putting to make a mockery of his opponent to secure a 6&5 win.

Ben “The Postman” Tyrrell had the opportunity to win the match and he didn’t disappoint. Ben was having a tougher day on the links than usual and was only 1 up through 11, but then Radar began to move through the gears with a couple of birdies on the par 5s to secure a 4&3 Win. This keeps Ben with a 100% win rate this season in winning all 9 games he has played this year.

Tony Howe was recalled into the side after a few solid medal scores this summer and took his opportunity with a very good performance. Again, it was a very level match at the turn until Tony found his range on the greens on the back 9 and a few key holes went his way to secure a fantastic 3&2 win.

Marcus Simpson, out last, was making his Hardy A debut. A very impressive year got Marcus an opportunity in the A team. He was understandably very nervous and found himself 1 down early on. However, once he played a few holes and the nerves wore off, he moved into his stride and played the golf he has this year to get down to 10. A blistering back 9 from Marcus secured him a 3&2 victory and another crucial point to secure a fabulous 7-1 win for Came.

Came’s last match is away to title chasing Crane Valley on 28th September. It could be a dead rubber or it could be a title deciding match, depending on Crane’s next result which we won’t know for a couple of weeks.

Came now turn their attention to the first leg of the Hardy A Cup final against Weymouth. The match is Sunday 8th September at Weymouth starting at 1.30pm. If your free then please come and support the boys. Fingers crossed for a good result to take back to Came for the second leg on Saturday 21st September at 2.15pm

Congratulations to the team for a wonder performance in the league and good luck to Captain Ford and his team for next Sunday.


More “Latest News